At G.D. Somani Memorial School our purpose is not to create well-filled minds but to nurture well-formed minds. Our students are citizens of a rapidly evolving future, and our mission is to prepare them for whatever comes their way.
We strive to create an environment that instils in every student a quest for personal excellence. We offer them myriad opportunities within and outside the classroom to accelerate, be challenged and find their own path to success.
Here are ten reasons to consider G.D. Somani as your child’s school.
- Ours is an environment in which students have the freedom to learn and enjoy a wholesome childhood
- An engaging curriculum and dedicated educators and support staff where every student is supported to achieve their best
- We develop and foster leadership and personal growth to complement the academic opportunities our school provides
- We introduce students to a wide range of subjects that help them discover their inert talents and abilities
- We encourage listening skills, which in turn compel students to think for themselves
- We encourage freedom of speech and expression and experimentation
- The school is a safe space where students are encouraged to find their path
- We nurture socially, emotionally and physically so they can make positive contributions to the world they live in
- We are receptive to feedback and believe our mandate is one of mutual trust and collaboration with parents
- For 43 years, we have been proudly educating the future of this country. We have created a learning environment that helps students achieve the highest levels of success of which they are capable but also inculcates responsibility, honesty, respect, confidence and discipline.
“We believe in well-formed minds, not well-filled ones”
B.D Seymour, Principal