Rules and Regulations
Admission and Withdrawals
- Students seeking admission to any standard shall be tested for admission in the school and the principal's decision shall be final.
- Students who join the school have to produce a valid birth certificate in support of the date of birth entered in the admission form. The admission of students from unrecognised school, shall be subject to departmental approval.
- Candidates who have attended any recognised school shall not be admitted without a Leaving Certificate from the school last attended.
- Fees once paid are not refundable or transferable.
- Students once admitted cannot be withdrawn without six months notice or on payment of six month's fees in lieu of notice.
- School leaving certificates shall not be issued unless all school dues are paid and all books and articles belonging to the school have been returned.
- The principal reserves the right to suspend any student if his/her behaviour or progress is unsatisfactory.
Rules of Discipline
- Students are accountable to the school authorities for their conduct both in and outside the school. Hence, misbehaviour in school and outside and in public conveyances is a just cause for dismissal.
- Any kind of damage caused on the school premises will have to be made good by the parent of the pupil concerned.
- Great stress is laid on personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- All students are expected to speak English in the school.
- Running down the stairs and shouting on the landing of each floor is not permitted.
- The Break should be utilised for visiting the canteen, washroom and reading the notice boards etc.
- Students are not permitted to leave their class during class hours without written permission from the teacher in their respective class.
- Should a student damage any School property he /she will have to pay for the same.
- Attendance at the following school functions is compulsory.
1. Founder's Day 2. Independence Day 3. Republic Day
4. Sports Day and any important function of the school
5. Investiture & Prize Distribution Day
6. 1 st Day of school after the vacations 7. Last day before vacations.
- Every student should endeavour to keep up the high standard and good
name of the school by excelling in fine manners and deportment.
- Regular hours of study at home throughout the year help children
develop proper study habits.
- The School periodically sends messages, notices, etc. through the
school calendar of the students. Parents are requested to look into
these and sign on the circular record page.
- Children suffering from any infectious disease shall not be allowed to
attend the school: A doctor's certificate permitting a student to attend the
school after a contagious or an infectious illness is essential and the
same should be countersigned by the School Medical Officer.
- Parents and guardians are not allowed to meet their children or a
member of the Teaching Staff during school hours.
- School Uniform
- White socks
- Shoes : Boys & Girls Black shoes with laces.
- Tie : School Tie with the logo
- Belt : School Belt
- Cardigans / Sweaters (Optional) Should be Light Grey in Colour
- Blazers with school logo to be worn by the office bearers and by all those
who take part in inter school competitions or school Functions
Colour, Material and Designs to be according to the specifications by
- Girls and boys are not permitted to have fancy hair cuts. Hair should not
be allowed to cover the forehead of both boys and girls. Girls having long
hair should have their hair plaited and tied with black bands while for
boys the hair should not cover the ears or fall over the collar.
- Wearing any form of jewellery, informal shoes, chains, rings, black
threads/cords, watches etc. is prohibited.
- House Games are compulsory for the Secondary Section students after
school, till 2.45 p.m. School buses will be provided to the concerned
Monday - Satya House (Blue)
Tuesday - Abhay House(Green)
Wednesday - Vinay House (Red)
Thursday - Nyaya House (Yellow)
Friday - Activities'
R.S.P., Cricket coaching, Scouting, Guiding,
N. C. C., Nature Club, Adventure Club, Journalism Interact Club, Red Cross, Band, Science Club and
Saturday - Sports, games-coaching: 9 to 11 a.m.
- Children are specially instructed not to buy food stuff or drinks from
street vendors. The school has made provisions for the sale of snacks
during the break.
- The children may bring lunch from home and facilities are provided for
having lunch in the school premises. No servants shall be allowed to
enter the school premises.
- Detention after school may be given to the Secondary Section students
for breach of rules.
- Parents will not be entertained if they send any parcel or books after the
school commences at 7.45 a.m.
Absence & Leave
- The Principal must be informed if a pupil is to remain absent due to some
- No leave of absence is granted except on a previous written application
from the parent or guardian.
- Absence without leave is liable to punishment.
- In case of absence without prior permission, on returning to the school, the child must have the reason for absence entered and signed by the
parent or guardian in the leave record of the school diary.
- Permission for leave of Absence from school for marriages or other
functions will not be granted during the school terms
Permission to leave early should be obtained from the Principal /
Co-ordinator. A letter of explanation from the parent should be
submitted in this case, through the Class Teacher.
- Name of students absent from school for more than three days, without
information to the school authorities is liable to be struck off.
The library shall remain open from 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
- Bags, satchels, etc. must not be brought into the library These should be
left in the class-room or on the shelf provided in the library
- Silence should be maintained at all times.
- Class libraries are maintained in Std. I to Std. IV.
- Students of Std. V to X shall be issued one book at a time in each lan-
guage for a period of one week. The student can get the book renewed
at the librarian's discretion.
- Students Std. V to X shall maintain a record of books read, in the pre-
scribed format in their school diary. This is to promote and encourage
the habit of self study. The students will be graded for the library work, as
well as for their behaviour in the library and regular attendance.
- Readers are responsible for all books issued in their names. Books lost,
damaged or not returned in time shall have to be paid for along with the
fine for the extra days. Fines may also be levied for overdue books at the
rate of one rupee per day., after 15 days.
- Students will submit to the Librarian a list of references made in the
preparation of projects.
- Students are expected to behave in a responsible manner in the library
and observe all the library rules. Students found persistenly misbehav-
ing shall not be allowed the use of library facilities.
- Certificates of merit will be awarded to those who work in the library with
dedication and commitment.
|STD. I TO X
||7.45 a.m. TO 2.00 p.m.
||7.40 a.m. TO 2.25 p.m.
||2.00 a.m. TO 2.45 p.m.
||8.00 a.m. TO 3.00 p.m.
The Principal will grant interviews to parents on Wednesday and Friday between 9-00 a.m. to 11-00 a.m., only.
Co-ordinators / Teachers
The co-ordinators and teachers of the Primary and Secondary section will be available between 2.05 pm. to 2.25 p.m. on working days (except Friday)
The school will remain closed on Saturdays and Sundays. No school business will be conducted on school holidays.
This web site is maximized to perform best with the IE 10.0 + and Chrome 35 + set to 1024 x 768 and above.
All contents copyright © G D SOMANI Memorial School (ICSE). 625 G.D. Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005,