ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUBS FOR THE YEAR OF 2016-2017
1. INTERACT CLUB
MOTTO: Service Before Self
- The Interactors of class X went for a Personality Development Camp and the Factory visit (Mahindra & Mahindra,Igatpuri) as a part of their vocational training in April.
- Participated in a Social Service Camp (SSC). They went to a Vocational Center, Nashik (Organization run by leprosy mission) in September where they generously donated Rice, Sugar, Dal, Biscuits and stationery among tribal people. It was an enriching experience for the children who made them realize how fortunate they are and inculcated in them the value of Sharing with the less fortunate.
- Students sponsored Sanitation facilities(Toilets) for a village in Sangli.
- Interactors have taken up Adult Literacy Programme.
- Frequent visit of students to the Pavement school, VT.
2. N.C.C AIRWING
MOTTO : Unity and Discipline
- Aim of N.C.C :- To serve the nation and join the Armed Forces, to develop leadership, courage, comradeship and discipline in the cadets
- Annual Camp held at Neral in August, 2016.
- Awarded Best Cadet Badge to Srijan Soankar.
- Students took part in shooting.
- Training in Gliding at Nashik.
- Students were awarded with N.C.C Examination certificates after completion of training.
3. SCOUTS AND GUIDES
- Value and Patriotism inculcated in Guides and Scouts through motivational speeches and various interesting activities.
- Students trained in First-Aid.
- Camps organized for Scouts and Guides at Matheran.
4. SCIENCE CLUB
- Students made working models.
- Training in Aero-Modeling : Students were taught to make basic static models. The advanced course offered making of flying model with the provided material.
- The students attended science exhibition at Nehru Planetarium.
- Students participated in Inter-School Science Quiz and Debates.
5. R.S.P CLUB.
- Workshop organized by Cuffe Parade police station on Road Safety.
- Talk on protection against terrorism.
- Evacuation drill organized for the entire school by the Fire Brigade Department.
6. RED CROSS CLUB
- Spreading awareness and reaching out to the masses is the objectives of the Red Cross.
- Children from classes V to X had donated for the welfare of the slum children.
- Food, clothes, stationery and other items were collected from the children for the under privileged.
- Children from our school had participated in the drawing competition (Greeting card making competition).
- The Red Cross Club students actively took part in the Independence Day celebration of the school Red Cross badges were distributed to these students on this day.
7. DRAMA CLUB
- Students skills in acting enhanced by a professional actor.
- Students participated in Intra & Inter School Drama Competition and won laurels.
8. NATURE CLUB
MOTTO : Save the Environment
- Go Green Day was celebrated 08th July, 2016 where children are encourage to plant saplings and nurture plants to protect our environment.
- Participated in tree plantation.
- Students participated in painting and poster making on nature.
This web site is maximized to perform best with the IE 10.0 + and Chrome 35 + set to 1024 x 768 and above.
All contents copyright © G D SOMANI Memorial School (ICSE). 625 G.D. Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai - 400 005,